It is the time again to celebrate the festival of joy and merriment with all our near and dear ones! Get some Christmas greetings to add to the festive cheer and join in the celebrations with one and all. Exchanging the Christmas greeting card is one of the secular aspects of celebrating the festival and this tradition is followed all over the world. Cards contain some beautiful Christmas greetings quotes about the festival and the various symbols associated with it.
Christmas greeting sentiments
Holiday cards are all about expressing and conveying the right sentiments to celebrate the feast of Christ. This holiday season how about getting the entire family together and making your own customized Christmas greetings? This can be a fun way of having a good time and at the same time giving out unique Christmas greetings bearing the family name. The Christmas greeting sayings that you put in the card can be a small poem which was penned down by anyone from the family. The Christmas greeting messages that you use doesn’t have to be something elaborate, some simple words conveying genuine feelings are perfect. Use some simple yet attractive pattern to design the greetings; it can be based on a theme or can be color coordinated to your celebration theme. Send across the handmade cards, they will be loved and appreciated by all.
Christmas greeting card facts for you
- It has been observed that while a person is choosing Christmas greetings for mom, they look for emotional poems or quotes but while choosing a greeting for dad, they chose to give greetings with a touch of humor
- Among all the seasonal and festival cards, Christmas cards are the most popular
- More than 50 per cent of Americans prefer the greeting ‘Merry Christmas’ to other greetings like ‘Season’s Greetings’ and ‘Happy Holidays’
- Christmas greeting cards were invented by Sir Henry Cole, an Englishmen in the year 1843
- The first official White house Christmas card was issued by President Eisenhower in the year 1953
- Out of every 3 Christmas cards bought and sent, one has a religious message
- The United States annually sends out more than three billion Christmas cards
- Artist John Calcott Horsley designed and sold the first commercial Christmas greetings card in London
- The first Christmas card had ‘A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to You’ printed on it
Christmas greetings wordings
- Wish you a blessed Christmas
And an equally blessed year head
Have a blissful Christmas!
- Sending across some Christmas hugs for your wonderful family
To envelop you with joy, merriment and laughter
- I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round, as a good time; a kind, forgiving, charitable time; the only time I know of, in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they really were fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys.
- It is the time to…
Praise the Lord
Sing the carol
Share your gifts
Count your blessings
For Santa to come again with the gifts
A Merry Christmas to you
- The merry family gatherings-
The old, the very young;
The strangely lovely way they
Harmonize in carols sung.
For Christmas is tradition time-
Traditions that recall
The precious memories down the years,
The sameness of them all
Helen Lowrie Marshall
- May the light of Jesus be on you
May the blessings make you smile
May you have a wonderful Christmas
And a very happy New Year too!
- Wishing a joyful present and a fulfilling past! Good wishes for the fun holidays and a glorious New Year.
- Whatever else be lost among the years, Let us keep Christmas still a shining thing: Whatever doubts assail us, or what fears, Let us hold close one day, remembering Its poignant meaning for the hearts of men. Let us get back our childlike faith again.
Grace Noll Crowell
- The rooms were very still while the pages were softly turned and the winter sunshine crept in to touch the bright heads and serious faces with a Christmas greeting.
Louisa May Alcott
- I heard the bells on Christmas Day
Their old, familiar carols play,
And wild and sweet the words repeat
Of peace on earth, good-will to men!
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- May this Christmas be the beginning of all good things in your life…..
Wishing you love, prosperity and happiness always!
- And she will bear a Son, and you shall
call His name Jesus, for it is He who
will save His people from their sins
- Let us come together and pray
In this season that envelops the world
In love and peace
- Let the glory of the Lord fall on you
Let it be the tidings of great joy fro you forever
- Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home.