Christmas cake Recipes
Traditional Jamaican Christmas Cake
- 4 eggs
- 8 oz. butter
- 8 oz. sugar
- 1 lb. Raisins
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 4 oz. Cherries
- 2 tbsp. browning
- 2 oz. Cranberries
- 4 oz. Citrus peels
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1.5 cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. allspice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup wine/brandy
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. Ground cloves
- ½ lb. Chopped prunes
- 32 oz. Dark Jamaican rum
- For making the Jamaican traditional Christmas cake you will have to soak the fruits and the zest of lime in the rum two weeks prior to the baking day.
- On the day of baking the cake, take a clean bowl and whip the sugar, browning and the cream till it becomes creamy.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients in a separate bowl while in another bowl properly blend the eggs and the brandy.
- Next, mix the egg mixture and the cream butter mixture and blend it really well.
- Strain the fruits from the rum and steadily mix them to the batter, also put in all the dry ingredients as well.
- Put the batter in a greased cake pan and put it into the preheated oven at 350F and bake it for about one and half hour.
- After taking it out, let it cool for sometime, before serving sprinkle some of the powdered sugar on the top.
Christmas Cake Recipe
- 2 cups Maida
- 2 cups Raisins
- 3 cups Butter
- 3 cups Currants
- 2 cup Brown sugar
- 5 eggs, beaten well
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup Glace cherries
- 1 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/3 cup Almond powder
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Almonds
- 1 cup Mixed chopped candied peel
- Grated zest and juice of one lemon
- Cream sugar and butter together till soft and light.
- Beat the eggs and gradually mix to it the flour, almond, nutmeg, baking powders and cardamom to the desired level of thickness.
- Gradually put in the dry fruits little by little and also the lemon zest, lemon juice and the finely chopped almonds.
- Line a cake pan with greased paper, put the batter inside and bake it in the preheated oven, in high heat for one hour and in medium heat for another two hours and your Christmas cake is ready to be eaten.
Easy Fruit Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup Apricot brandy
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup apricot nectar
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1 package spice cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 packet of instant lemon pudding mix
- 1/2 cup chopped candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped candied pineapple
- 2 to 3 tablespoons apricot brandy
- Take a large bowl and put the apricot nectar, pudding mix and cake mix with 1/4 cup of the apricot brandy and the vegetable oil.
- Beat the mixture lightly till it becomes smooth. Onto the batter add one egg at a time beating it regularly and also put in the chopped fruits and nuts.
- Now transfer the batter into a greased cake bake pan and put it inside the preheated oven at 350°.
- Bake for about an hour or till it is done; remove from oven and cool it for sometime. Sprinkle the apricot brandy at the top before serving the cake.
It is the time again to bring out your Christmas recipe book and plan a feast for all your friends and family. Celebrations during the holiday season seem incomplete till you bake and eat those mouthwatering Christmas cakes adorned with some of the stunning Christmas cake decorations. Almost everybody has the traditional Christmas cake recipes based on which they must have baked lots of cakes, but it is always better to add on to that collection. Baking a cake in the correct way is not an easy task, all of us who have tried our hands in this know about it.
The most important aspect of making any cake is to get the dough right in terms of the consistency. So, carefully measure the vital ingredients like flour and baking power and blend them properly to get the desired thickness adding the other ingredients as well. Pre heat the oven as required and do not bake the Christmas cake either less of more than the time suggested, it can turn out to be too hard or too soggy if not baked properly.
Christmas cake Recipe Book
Do you have a Christmas cake recipe book? Well if you do not have it till now, it is high time to start making one. You can either buy the recipe books from the store or create your own one adding a personal touch; it will become one of your most treasured possessions. Add some pictures of the cakes that you have baked including notes on some important anecdotes associated to your baking experience. The Christmas cake recipe book will not only become a handy guide for you but it will also store some of your pleasant memories. Get hold of your mom’s recipe book and take some of the traditional recipes to added in yours, remember it can be tough to find some of the old recipes from any other sources.
Christmas cake flavor and decoration
You can bake the cake into any shape and add any flavor that you wish. If you do not like a certain flavor, but the recipe asks you to us this, try for an alternative one which you like. Do not hesitate when it comes to trying out a different flavor that your usual tired and tasted one, you may be in for a pleasant surprise in terms of the taste with the distinctly new flavor in the cake. If you have lots of guests coming over for the celebrations, bake the cake about 2 weeks in advance, so that you do not face any problems when they are home. Here are some traditional, popular and easy to make Christmas cake recipes just for you. All the three cake recipes are easy to make and very delicious to eat, you can add your own touch here by putting some attractive decorations at the top before serving the cake to your guests who have come in to celebrate the holiday season.