Christmas Cookie Recipe
During the holiday season, it is not just enough that you get your whole family together under one roof for the celebrations. What is equally important is to spend this time bonding with them and doing activities, which will give everyone to some quality time together. Do you have some Christmas cookies recipes with you? Then it will be ideal if you can arrange for everyone in the family to take part in baking some Christmas cookies. You can bake about two or three types of cookies from your Christmas cookies recipes, depending on the number of people in the family.
For baking Christmas cookies with your family, try to find a simple recipe. If you do not have any Christmas cookies recipes handy, you can always ask anyone in the family for one. On the day that you plan to bake the cookies, make sure that there are no other activities lined up. Shopping for the ingredients, arranging them properly and then baking the cookies will take up almost the whole day. You can calmly go about doing your chores with your family members helping you out; treasure these moments and do not rush.
Turkey Cookie Recipes
Given here a few simple Christmas cookies recipes that you can bake with your family during the holiday season
- 1 large egg
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 pound softened butter
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup fresh lemon-basil leaves
- Blend the basil leaves with some sugar in a food processor.
- In another bowl, blend the butter with the food processor till it becomes creamy; slowly add the rest of the sugar and blend it really well. Put in the egg and lemon juice and also the flour and the basil mixture gradually blending it.
- Now make the dough into small round balls and put them a few inches apart into a greased baking tray.
- Flatten the balls slightly with a spoon and bake it in a preheated oven of 350 degrees for about ten minutes.
- Take it out, let it cool for sometime and the cookie is ready. You can make in ample amounts and store some of them to be used during the holiday season.
Christmas cookie trivia
- Christmas cookies are believed to have originated in Medieval Europe.
- The first people to introduce cookie cutters to America were the German and Dutch settlers.
- The chocolate chip cookie is the official cookie of the state of Massachusetts and Pennsylvania
- There is a National Cookie Cutter Historical Museum in the Joplin Museum Complex in Joplin, Missouri of USA
- The first cookie to be associated with Christmas is the German gingerbread Lebkuchen
Christmas cookie Gifts
Christmas cookies can be an interesting gift idea. To bake the Christmas cookies for gift, arrange for some beautiful cookie cutters. The cutters come in all shapes and sizes; you can make an assortment of cookies of various shapes. After baking the cookies, arrange it in an attractive pattern; for this you can use a cookie jar or any other arrangement that you prefer. You can also arrange the cookies in a basket and combine it with dry fruits, nuts and chocolates. Cover it with a colorful transparent sheet and tie it at the top with a bow, it will make an interesting and attractive choice of gift.