Christmas food recipes
Around Christmas time all of us are busy attending the parties thrown for us by our near and dear ones. And it is not just attending the parties which keep us busy; you have your own share of shopping, decorating and cooking as well to do during Christmas. At such a time, having some simple Christmas food recipes to cook an easy meal is a blessing for all those who have to cook regularly. The simple Christmas food recipes can be prepared, without much of an effort and then you can go back to doing your other Christmas chores.
No matter whatever food you have, eat well. With so many Christmas feasts lined up during this time, naturally you will have very little say over ingredients used for cooking; so what you can do is whenever you eat at home, eat healthy foods. Just when everybody is engrossed in a serious discussion or are watching a holiday movie, put in a plateful of sliced fruits in front of them; it will disappear in no time. Instead of always drinking something out of the can or the bottle, opt for a glass of sparkling water or freshly made juice. Include lots of greenery in your food in the form of vegetables, lettuce, grains and pluses; everything fresh must figure prominently in the Christmas food.
Given below are recipes of few foods that you can cook for your guests at the Christmas party. Here, you can opt for some of the traditional Christmas food or you may also try out some new dishes this time. If your family is open to tantalize their taste buds with new dishes, you must surely try out some new dishes this time. The three dishes given here can be a good beginning:
- Crispy Roast Duck
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup hot-pepper jelly
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Keep the oven preheated at 350 degrees F.
- Clean the ducklings by removing the giblets and the neck, rise it and drain the water. Pierce the duck all over with a fork and rub it with the juice of one lemon. Next rub both the ducklings with salt and pepper.
- Cut the rest of the lemons and put them inside the hollow of each duck.
- Now grease a roasting pan and put the put both the ducklings inside, keeping the breast sides up.
- Roast them for about two hours; after the first hour pierce the ducklings all over with the fork once again.
- Meanwhile melt the pepper jelly and cover the ducklings with the melted stuff towards the last twenty minute of roasting.
- Take it out and allow it to cool for sometime before serving; if you are not serving it immediately cover it with tin foil to keep it warm for sometime.
- Saft Glögg
1/4 cup sugar
8 whole cloves
2/3 cup raisins
1 quart apple cider
1 3-inch cinnamon sticks
2/3 cup blanched slivered almonds
2 cups white grape juice, currant juice
- Peel the orange and keep it aside. In a large bowl mix together the apple cider, cloves, fruit juice, orange peel, sugar and cinnamon; keep this mixture aside for 4 hours.
- Now bring this mixture to boil and simmer on low flame for about 30 minutes. Serve this hot or cold depending on the choice of your guests topped with few raisins.
- Mushroom with pork sausage
8 ounces pork sausage
1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
1 1/2 pounds large mushrooms
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Discard the stems from the mushroom; cut the stems and keep it aside.
- Cook the sausages in a skillet and then keep it aside. In the sausage dripping cook the mushroom stems for about 5 minutes till it is well done.
- Next remove it from the fire and add the breadcrumbs, sausage and the cheese. Stuff the mushroom caps with this mixture and bake it in a preheated oven at 450 for 15 minutes.
- Take out from the oven; let it cool for sometime before serving.