Christmas salad recipes
At Christmas time, prepare a healthy bowl of salad; put in on the table, while watching a movie with the family and watch it disappear in moments! Now, if you do not have Christmas salad recipes, make sure to find some of them. Take a good look at the Christmas salad recipes with pictures which any of your friends might be having, and you are ready to toss an appetizing salad.
Christmas salad recipes Australia
- Chickpea, bacon & tomato salad
1 large shallot
Salt and pepper
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 packet grape tomatoes
1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
200g bacon cut into pieces
2 tsp white balsamic vinegar
Rind of 1 lemon, finely grated
- Cut the bacon into small pieces. Take a pan and cook it over medium flame till it becomes crisp; add in the crushed garlic and cook it.
- Drain the excess fat from the bacon on a paper towel. In a bowl mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, rind of lemon, salt and pepper.
- Now, add the chickpeas, shallot, grape tomatoes and roughly chopped parsley chopped. The salad can be served with calamari or prawns.
Easy Christmas salad recipes
- Cranberry salad
1 cup walnuts
2 Tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons mustard
2 cups dried cranberries
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 packages of mixed salad greens
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 4-ounce packages of crumbled cheese
- In a salad bowl, put a layer of salad greens; on top of that add the cranberries, walnuts and cheese.
- In another small bowl beat the mustard, honey, vinegar and pepper, slowly keep adding the oil to the mixture and blend them properly.
- Now, pour this dressing on top of the ingredients in the other bowl, make sure to coat everything properly and the salad is ready.
Best Christmas salad recipes
- Raspberry Rice Salad
6 cups milk
4 cups boiling water
2 cups uncooked rice
2 cups granulated sugar
6 tablespoons Corn starch
6 packet frozen raspberries
- Pour rice in the boiling water and let it simmer for about 20 minutes. Drain the excess water; add milk and sugar and then simmer for another hour. Let it refrigerate overnight.
- Take the juice from the frozen raspberry can, cook it with corn starch till it becomes thick; add the berries and leave it to chill over night.
- Just before serving, mix both the chilled ingredients together and add the whipped cream.