Christmas sweet recipes
Christmas is the time for lots of joy, merriment and fun. To entertain all your holiday guests, make sure that you have some delicious Christmas sweet recipes. Everybody loves sweets, especially children. So, whenever they come over to visit you, ensure that you have some homemade sweets, to satisfy their sweet tooth. Get some Christmas sweets recipes with pictures, if you do not have any recipe handy; you can even give the sweets as a gift
Christmas sweets recipes from Goa
300 g rice flour
3 kg palm sugar
1 kg sticky rice flour
12 coconuts milk extract (both thin and thick)
10-15 screw pine leaves
- Combine both types of rice flour with thin coconut milk; strain it to an iron pan. In another pan mix the palm sugar, screw pine leaves with some water and cook it till the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the rice mixture from the iron pan to the dissolved sugar. Lower the flame and keep on stirring it continuously. When it is half done, add the thick coconut milk and stir till it is properly cooked.
- It is done when the mixture does not stick to the finger. Remove from fire and let it cool; cut into desired shapes before serving.
Christmas sweets recipes UK
- Fruity lollipop
450g caster sugar
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
4 tbsp pure fruit squash
- In a heavy bottomed pan, put the cream of tarter, sugar and water on medium heat; bring it to boil while stirring continuously.
- Reduce the heat and let it simmer for another 30 minutes, without stirring it. Put in the candy thermometer and let the temperature read 143°C.
- Add the fruit squash just before the syrup reaches the temperature.
- Assemble the lollipop sticks on a large baking sheet. Remove the mixture from fire and spoon small amounts of mixture to the stick; allow it to set of about 5 minutes or till it becomes hard. The lollipops are now ready!
Christmas sweets recipes for children
1 Egg white
1 cup water
3/4 cup sugar
2 sachets gelatin
50 grams icing sugar
- Put a pan with some water on the flame; add sugar into that and make syrup and then add gelatin, dissolved in 2 tablespoons of hot water to the syrup. Keep cooking the mixture; lift the mixture with the spoon and if one thread drips, then it is ready.
- Take it off the fire, and when it cools down add the beaten egg white to the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased tray and keep it for one day; cut the marshmallows into desired shapes the next day.
Christmas sweets recipes for gifts
- Almond white chocolate bark
1 cup Almonds
8 ounces White chocolate
1/2 cup dried apricot halves
- Take a shallow pan and spread out the almonds. Put it an oven, heat it to 350 and roast the almonds for about 15 minutes.
- Take it out, keep it aside and let it cool for sometime. Take a double broiler and on top of it melt the white chocolate in low heat.
- Now, remove from heat and mix the almonds and the apricot. Take out spoonfuls of it and put it on wax paper.
- Refrigerate it, till it becomes cool and hard.
Christmas sweets recipes for kids
- Caramel Corn
120 ml water
28 grams butter
2 teaspoons salt
10 cups of popped corn
120 ml light corn syrup
2 teaspoons baking soda
300 grams granulated white sugar
110 grams packed dark brown sugar
- Take a large heavy bottomed pan, put some water and stir sugar and corn syrup to it. Stirring it occasionally, bring it to boil over medium flame. Put a candy thermometer and let the mixture boil to 240 degrees F.
- Now, add the butter and continue to cook it till reaches 300 degrees F. Remove the pan from the flame, and add the salt and baking soda. Pour the caramel over the popcorn, with the help of a wooden spoon.
- Spread the popcorn, which will now look like a large lump to an aluminium foil. Use a fork or heatproof gloves to separate the popcorns, let it cool for sometime and then it is ready to eat.