Christmas recipes for gifts
- Nothing can ever beat the warmth of a handmade gift, more so if it is food.
- There are several reasons, for you to use the Christmas recipes for gifts.
- First, the gift will have a personal touch; second, you can save some money and third, you can give the recipient a healthy gift.
- Christmas treats recipes for gifts are just perfect for your loved ones.
Christmas candy recipes for gifts
- Peanut brittle
1 cup peanuts
1/4 cup water
1 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup light corn syrup
- In a saucepan put the sugar, corn syrup, water, salt and bring it to boil. Mix in the peanuts and stir it frequently till the temperature touches 300 degrees F, set the candy thermometer in place to check.
- Now, remove the pan from heat and immediately put the butter and baking soda to the mixture.
- Grease a baking sheet and pour the mixture inside. Using a fork spread the mixture, into rectangle shape and let it cool. Break the candy into pieces and it is ready.
Christmas baking recipes for gifts
- Walnut fruitcake
4 large eggs
1 cup butter
½ cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup dark raisins
2 cups pitted dates
1 cup golden raisins
2 tablespoons rum
2 cups toasted walnuts
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1 pound mixed candied fruit
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Put raisins and rum in a dish and bake it for about 20 minutes.
- In a big mixing bowl put the dates, raisins, nuts, candied fruit and one cup of flour; mix it well and keep it aside.
- In the electric mixer bowl put flour, baking powder, butter, honey, salt, sugar, orange juice, lemon juice and mix it very well. Add one egg at a time and keep on blending the mixture.
- Now, pour the batter over the fruit mixture and stir. Grease a baking pan and line it with brown paper.
- Pour the mixture to the pan and bake it for about three hours. Remove it from oven, let it cool for sometime and the fruit cake is ready to be served or given as a gift.
Christmas sweets recipes for gifts
5 sachets gelatin
1 tablespoon brandy
400 grams sugar powder
Fresh juice of 1 orange
Fresh juice of 1 sour lime
- Soak the gelatin in water overnight. In the morning, add orange and lime juice and also add sugar powder and vanilla essence in a pan and put it on fire.
- Stir continuously, till you get consistency. Pour the mixture on a dampened tray. and leave it overnight; next morning cut it in desired shape and coat it with sugar.