French Christmas recipes
Food is an integral part of any celebration and Christmas is no exception. To satisfy the palate of all your loved ones, cook food from the French Christmas recipes. In France, families gather on the night of Christmas Eve, after the midnight mass and take part in a feast, known as reveillon. Find some of the easy French Christmas recipes, if you are cooking it for the first time.
Given here are the recipes to make a pudding and a soup to begin with. Both the recipes are easy to make, and everybody is sure to love it. Surprise your loved one with this new recipe, during the holiday season.
French Christmas recipe for kids
- Chestnut pudding
8 egg yolks
6 egg whites
½ lb crushed chestnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a mixing bowl, mix the butter and the vanilla; add in the cream as well.
- Now add the egg white and egg yolk to the mixture. Line a baking tray with greased paper and pour the mixture inside.
- Bake it for about 30 minutes and then put it out to cool for sometime.
- Put the pudding on a serving bowl and sprinkle some chocolate sauce on top, before serving.
Easy French Christmas recipes
- Soupe aux Choux
3 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
4 slices of bacon
1 Tablespoon sugar
2 medium potatoes
4 cups chicken stock
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 small head of cabbage
- Chop the bacon and put it in a kettle; cook it for sometimes to remove the fat. Add leek, onion and simmer it for about an hour. Put in the rest of the herbs and let it simmer for some more time.
- Check to see the taste and add more seasonings if required.
- Pour the soup in bowls, sprinkle some grated gruyere and serve it with French bread.