Vegetarian Christmas recipes
Many people are turning vegan due to various reasons. Now, whether you know, or do not know their reason is not very important, what is important is that you have to prepare some nice dishes for them.
Whether you are looking for vegetarian recipes for one or Vegetarian Christmas recipes with pictures, to aid you in making the dish just make sure that you make something, which your guests will relish. Here are a couple of recipes, which might help you.
Vegetarian Christmas recipes main course
- Grilled Vegetable Gratin
4 c tomatoes
3 cloves garlic
Salt and pepper
½ c dry red wine
1 pound rigatoni
2 large eggplants
2 large red onions
Fresh basil leaves
1-2 t fresh oregano
½ pound mozzarella
2 large bell peppers
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise and rub the slice with salt on both sides.
- Keep it for 30-45 minutes till tan-colored water comes out of it. Brush the eggplant slices with olive oil and grill it over charcoal, till it become tender. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions and garlic till it turns golden brown.
- Now add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, the other herbs and wine. Simmer it till it becomes thick.
- Heat the oven to 350° and grease the dish with oil. Now cook the rigatoni, so that it becomes firm, but not hard.
- Drain it out of water and add the grilled vegetables and tomato sauce.
- Pour the mixture to the dish and sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of it. Bake it, till the cheese on top begins to change the color and the dish is ready to serve.
Italian tomato sauce
½ pound provolone
2 small zucchini
3 large bunches spinach
1 pound mozzarella chees
1 pack dry lasagne noodles
½-1 pound ricotta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350. Boil the tomato sauce, add the zucchini and cook for about 5 minutes. Pour some of the sauce into the baking tray and coat it lightly. Put the lasagne noodles at the bottom of the tray.
- On top of the noodles, spread the cheese, then put a layer of spinach, again sprinkle some cheese and top it off with some tomato sauce.
- Repeat this process with the rest of the ingredients finishing with a layer of sprinkled cheese on the top.
- Now bake it for about an hour till the cheese starts to melt. Take it out of the oven and cool it for sometime before serving.